The camera is
looking south toward the two track car barn. Detroit Street Railways #3876 is sitting on the
track and Erie RR Gas-Electric "doodlebug" #5012 is on the main line.
#5012 was used as a mobile power generating station to power the trolley cars. The
steel beams belong to the Wander Construction Co. which owned the land
between the ORM track and the PRR right-of-way.
of Detroit Street Railway (DSR) #3876. The Kansas City Birney is on the right.
Birney "Safety" car #1545 sitting in front of Ohio Public Service
(OPS) #21. The
Cincinnati & Lake Erie (C&LE) lightweight interurban car #119 can be seen behind #3876 and the Birney.
View from the
parking lot looking toward the east. From the Left are #3876, the Birney, Marble Cliff Quarries
0-4-0T #1 and the hand car with the line tower
used to work on the overhead wires. The line car was a bit
rickety, but did the job.
of the car barn which housed OPS #21 and Columbus Railway Power &
Light Company center cab work motor #067. The car in the foreground is OPS lightweight interurban #64.
A close up of Ohio Public Service (OPS) #21
wooden interurban built by the Niles car Co. of Niles, Ohio, in 1905.
The wooden railroad-style pilot was incorrect for this car and was
later replaced by an authentic basket-weave fender. #21 was originally built for OPS predecessor, Toledo,
Port Clinton & Lakeside Railway. OPS #64 is on the right.