HomeStreetcarsRosterBeginnings car Minerva

Forward to cars 21-26

CR&L Co. "Minerva"      

No Photo available

Minerva- A closed single truck parlor car purchased by the Columbus Central Railway Co. in 1897 to take special passengers to Minerva Park. The Columbus Central Railway was acquired by the Columbus Railway & Light Co. in 1900. In 1902 Minerva Park closed.  There is no record as to the disposition of the parlor car Minerva.

Number

In service

Body

Length

Length over bumpers

Minerva

Jan. 1897

Closed

20'

30'

Width

Height

Seats

Seats capacity

Weight

7' 6"

10' 10"

Wicker

 

18

17,144

Builder

Trucks

Wheel base

Wheel diameter

Motors

Brownell Car Co.

Brownell

6' 6"

33"

2-WH 12

Motor HP

Controllers

Trolleys

Date scrapped or

out of service

 

50

2-WH 14

1

 

 

Street Railway Review, Vol. 7. January 15, 1897. No. 1, from the Dennis Lamont Collection.