Hebron

Home ← Steam Railroads ← Along The ROW ← Hebron

Transfer to the Index  ** Next Depot South 

Hebron, Licking County, Ohio

1920 Population 415

         Hebron was located on the New York Central Railroad (T&OC - Eastern Branch) between Granville to the north and Millersport to the south.   The Eastern Branch ran from Toledo to Thurston.
         Hebron was also an important location for the Columbus Newark & Zanesville Traction Co. an interurban line.   It was at Hebron that the branch to Buckeye Lake left the mainline.   There was also a CN&Z power house at Hebron.

The sleepy T&OC depot at Hebron. The interurban must have taken business from the steam railroad, especially passenger business,  when it came to Hebron in 1902.

Photo from the Mark Howell Collection, circa 1900

Scenes Around Hebron


The camera is looking east down Main Street.   The church on the left also appears in the last photo below.

Photo from the Dale Dickey Collection, circa 1910

A shot taken further east on Main Street. The interurban station is on the left. The track curving to the left, in the lower left corner, goes to Newark.    The track curving to the right at the intersection is headed toward Buckeye Lake.

Photo from the Walt Stafa Collection, circa 1910

There are tracks on both sides of the station.    A freight house can be seen through the passenger canopy.

Photo from the Walt Stafa Collection, circa 1910

The east side of the depot with interurban No. 69 headed for Buckeye Lake.

Photo from the Licking County Genealogical Society Collection, circa 1910

The CN&Z power house which was on the south side of Hebron.

Photo from the Alex Campbell Collection, circa 1910

The church that was seen in the first street view photo.   It’s still there in 2019 with additions added to both sides of the building.

Photo from the Alex Campbell Collection, circa 1910

Transfer to the Index  ** Next Depot South