Reynoldsburg

Home ← Interurbans ← Columbus Newark & Zanesville Electric Railway ← Along The CN&Z RoW ← Reynoldsburg

Transfer to the Index  ** Next Station East 

Reynoldsburg, Franklin County, Ohio

1920 Population 491

         The first sizeable village east of Columbus was Reynoldsburg. Looking at the following photos you can imagine the large wooden interurbans rumbling through the village in a steady stream. The citizens now had a convenient way to travel to Columbus or better yet Buckeye Lake for an outing.

The camera is looking east on the National Road. The cross street is Lancaster Avenue.   The building in the lower-right corner still stands.   It also appears in the other two photos.

Photo from the Alex Campbell Collection, circa 1910

The photographer has moved a short distanced to the east and turned the camera to the west.   The common building is to the left at the corner of Main Street and Lancaster Avenue.

Photo from the Alex Campbell Collection, 1908

The photographer has backed up enough to better show Lancaster Avenue, the common building and the Dew Drop Inn.   The locals are dressed for a special event of some sort.

Photo from the Alex Campbell Collection, circa 1910

Transfer to the Index  ** Next Station East